Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Darfur Vigil Day #160 Sudan Embassy

I'll be away from the Embassy for most of this week turning my attention to issues of US Empire, Warring and Warming: Global war and the assault on the environment FAITH AND RESISTANCE RETREAT.

Arrested at the Pentagon yesterday, leafletting, for "Disobeying a Lawful Order" to stop. This is the 2nd time since I've been in DC that the police have attempted to hurt me. The first was in January late one night at the White House. This time it it was a huge officer that began by imagining wrongly that my acting out of conscience was somehow a personal attack on his manhood - profoundly unprofessional. Despite his roughing me up I declined to treat him as other than a brother and by the end of the 15 minutes it took to process us and load us in vans for the lockup he had been "disarmed" by brotherliness and was delicately and thoughtfully fastening our seat belts. THIS is the work - saving Hearts one at a time... until a "chain reaction" occurs. Court date October 12th. Depending on the Judge I face zero to six months. Oh well.

More later.

No comments: