China's Games Washington Post Editorial, Tuesday, May 29, 2007; Page A12.
Good support for Darfur today Washington Post. Thank you. However, we all continue in the trap of gimmicks to Save Darfur. We-the-people "paying the price" is all that will Save Darfur. And all we've paid to far is LIP SERVICE.
Darfur InActivism is the greatest "free lunch" in the last 100 years!!!! Some Darfuries are still alive - CASH IN BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!!!!! Can you think of a better "free lunch!? "
[US & UK have the Security Council until June 30. This is your last chance to TRULY Stand with Darfur. Join a Brigade of PeaceMakers - Darfur, NOW.]
Note: Darfur Hunger Strike at Sudan Embassy Day 90. [See: A Hunger For Justice : Darfur Becomes One Man's Cause for Deprivation Washington Post, April 14th, 2007 by Delphine Schrank, C01 (Post)]
No matter what you do that has to do with Darfur you can evoke tears of admiration for yourself and from others, at virtually no cost to yourself. Your actions are absolutely free of all accountability! You can do the most absurdly inappropriate, unhopeful rubbish and no one will bother to make any comparison to real activism (Holocaust Rescuing for example, or the 1960's....). Here are some great self-pleasuring ideas:
* Wearing green wrist bands: Costs you little or nothing. Looks great. Who knew it would just kill time?
* Having a party or social event and mentioning Darfur in the name! Invariably they are a barrel of laughs, fun had by all, no time wasted talking about Darfur. Great time with friends. Who knew it would just kill time?
* Postcards. We've sent a million! Who knew that with all the special interst, big $ demands on congressmen that postcards would just kill time.
* Church banners. Who knew that politicians would see this as no sign of constituent resolve, commitment or willingness to take risks.
* Internships: gobs of them! Get paid. Make great connections. Meet cool new folks. Live and work in a frat like atmosphere. Polish your resume. Who would have guessed that stopping genocide would take the type of sacrifice and commitment that all other huge accomplishments in life take?
But hey, we can't be so entirely degenerated as human beings that we would have a "free lunch" if a Genocide really were happening. Would we?
See updates at all sites:
- DARFUR'S LAST HOPE: Brigade of PeaceMakers: for Darfur. JOIN NOW
- SAVING DARFUR, EARTH, OURSELVES: Jesus, God, Good...
- REAL ACTIVISM LOOKS LIKE THIS: Holocaust Rescuers
- REAL ACTIVISM LOOKS LIKE THIS: Peace and Nonviolence
- REAL ACTIVISM LOOKS LIKE THIS: David Dellinger
- 4 DARFUR HEROES; 21,000 FOR HOLOCAUST: Darfur Dying for Heroes
- HUNGER STRIKE: Stand with Darfur: Sudan Embassy
- WE'RE PROOF OF NO GENOCIDE: Darfur Genocide a Fraud
- Actions 6/06 - 1/07: Stand With Darfur White House II
- Actions 5/06 - 6/06: Stand With Darfur White House
- Actions 7/05 - 5/06: Rescue Restore Darfur